Notes from the Journey of the Radio 702 / Cape Talk Money Show R1000 ($100) Business Startup Challenge
How I made a Profit in just 6 Weeks and How You Can Too
Tips for Micro-business Entrepreneurs

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Creating a Free Website for your Business

This is so easy I never actually got to doing a "how to" but over the months, I've realised that although I found it simple and easy (and I'm sure you will too if you haven't already), some people need guidelines. Wozaonline.co.za has a wonderful service. To access this, you first need to set up a Google account (just go to www.gmail.com and set up an email address that syncs nicely with your business idea: I got 1000beautifulbracelets as a username, which was great. Actually I wanted "beautiful bracelets at gmail.com" but that was taken, which led to the next idea... you may have to play around a bit with words that best describe your own new business.

Once you are logged onto your gmail account, open another window and go to Step 2 on the http://www.wozaonline.co.za/getstarted page. One person who asked for advice had a problem with the "Add Products" page. I have to admit, since I am a complete layperson when it comes to IT, I actually have to "re-teach" myself each time I do it. But it isn't that difficult, and if it's taking too long, try the FAQ page  which may answer your question alternatively you could go to the Sitebuilder Help Centre, or Email the Support Staff or go to the online Support Forums. Although I have set up my own website (it took me 3 hours, others boast of setting up the whole thing in half an hour), please don't ask me for advice, I would have to refer you back to the help systems already in place that I just listed!!
There are many other "free websites" offered out there (do an internet search) but what I like about Wozaonline is you get a free domain for the first year of your business, which is very useful for a start up operation. Request the domain you want when you set up your Website. I first did a quick search to see if the website I wanted was already taken by anyone, amazingly, www.beautifulbracelets.co.za (my first choice) was available!! So within a few hours I had the website up and running on my own domain!

No comments:

Post a Comment