Notes from the Journey of the Radio 702 / Cape Talk Money Show R1000 ($100) Business Startup Challenge
How I made a Profit in just 6 Weeks and How You Can Too
Tips for Micro-business Entrepreneurs

Monday, October 15, 2012

Radio 702 MoneyShow Challenge Update:Week 2

A good week!
Some of the Beautiful Bracelets on display at the Launch Party
Some of the ladies at the Launch
Beautiful Bracelets Launch was incredibly successful (even with fewer attendance numbers than hoped for, with the short lead time this was anticipated). This was held at a friend’s very upmarket home. The friend kindly sponsored catering for the Event (the Launch was suggested by her from the outset). The food and ambience, and support from those present, was phenomenal and very encouraging. There were good sales as a result of the Launch.

The most significant part of the week for me, though, was a meeting with my friend and mentor, Stan Close, of www.ikusasa.biz who offered his services as a business coach for the 6 week Challenge, free of charge. He gave excellent feedback and a wake-up call as to pricing and what I need to do from here to move closer to the profit margin I desire. Stan helped me to take step back and face reality. He also helped with cash flow analysis of income and expenditure and pointed me in the right direction for the next steps.

Wrote Press Releases for publication in the Women of Acts monthly newsletter. Was requested to write an article (after my email to the Editor) for GoodNewsSA.co.za. This is all part of promoting Beautiful Bracelets in order to gain traction on sales.

Maintained daily Blog as an encouragement to others who may wish to start their own micro-business.

Had orders placed/received online via the Beautiful Bracelets website with some people thinking ahead to purchase Christmas gifts already!

Twitter followers doubled week-on-week. I would like to secure more than 1000 Followers by the end of the Challenge since social media is one of the best methods to promote and create awareness of the products with a view to increasing sales. I need every bit of help I can get to reach that goal! Twitter followers please retweet whenever possible.
Lungi, Zukiswa, Valerie (me!) and Pinkie at Acts Church Business Dinner

Highlights: Somebody bought the bracelet off my wrist at the Acts Church Business Dinner on the Friday evening! A colleague seated at the table offered to arrange an official invitation to a flea market opportunity. More on that next week if it works out.

Lowlights: Sold only half the bracelets I’d hoped to sell this week, blogged about Disappointments and Setbacks. Not one of the flea markets applied to responded to emails or phone calls yet.

Main objective/goal for Week 3 is more SALES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment