Notes from the Journey of the Radio 702 / Cape Talk Money Show R1000 ($100) Business Startup Challenge
How I made a Profit in just 6 Weeks and How You Can Too
Tips for Micro-business Entrepreneurs

Friday, November 9, 2012

Big Day Tomorrow!

I have known from the start of this Challenge that 10 November would be the biggest day for me... A Christmas Market at my church where 600 women have confirmed attendance for a Conference running parallel to the Market, a wonderful opportunity for Beautiful Bracelets to be showcased and many have warned me to anticipate a sell-out! I really hope so.

In addition to this, elsewhere there are Beautiful Bracelets selling, in stores, at Flea Markets, online and even at a Charity Art Auction in support of the Starfish Foundation...

I must say, this Radio 702 Money Show R1000 Challenge (make a profit from R1000 in just 6 weeks) has blossomed into something bigger than even I could anticipate. The publicity has been phenomenal, although I am being quite careful to keep tabs as far as possible as to which sales I could attribute to the fact of the publicity generated by the actual Challenge, and which sales are as a result of my own personal networks and social media and ENERGY. It takes a LOT of energy to make a success out of any business and I have worked very hard on this business NOT just with the idea that it is a "6 week wonder" but rather, I have viewed the 6 weeks as an opportunity to start something that would have legs, that would go the distance and actually continue to be a sustainable business that would help people going forward. It may be in the spotlight at the moment, but I still have a big vision for what it possible, whilst still working on the nitty gritty of the day-to-day aspects that are needed to nurture a micro business startup.

There are probably things I could have done better. And I'm sure I will receive useful guidelines. There are people now depending on the ongoing success of this business and my desire is that it will continue to be a source of inspiration, hope, and an income for many...

No comments:

Post a Comment