Notes from the Journey of the Radio 702 / Cape Talk Money Show R1000 ($100) Business Startup Challenge
How I made a Profit in just 6 Weeks and How You Can Too
Tips for Micro-business Entrepreneurs

Monday, November 26, 2012

Twitter Tips to Promote Your Startup Business


Before the Radio 702 Money Show Challenge on 1 October 2012, although I had a personal Twitter account, like so many others: I never used it. So I had to become an expert on Twitter (and many other things) in a hurry since starting Beautiful Bracelets! I have a few tips for those who, like me, are fairly new to Twitter. I could probably do some of these things a bit better myself, I’m still learning! I am including some things that put me off Twitter so I hope I am not offending anyone by mentioning it here. Feel free to leave a comment or a tip, I am quite happy to consider other points of view or ideas. I’m still growing, learning and changing to become better at this each day:
  • Don’t spam your Followers by sending out too much info in a rapid succession of Tweets. Rather use something like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck and schedule the information in say, 5 short Tweets over the period of a week or so.
  • It is better not to have your Facebook/Twitter accounts linked, I noticed very quickly that people don’t like it. It feels too much like Spam.
  • No graphic details. Don’t tell me what you ate for breakfast, lunch or supper unless you’re a restaurant. Maybe I’m squeamish.
  • Reach out to your Audience in a friendly way and tell them things that may be of interest to them. The kind of things that others “retweet” will give you an idea of what people like to hear about. Tailor this to yourself and your tweeting.
  • Be Retweetable! Add Tweet buttons to your website and Blog. Make it easier for others to retweet you. Keep your Tweets to under 120 characters or less if you want to allow commentary.
  • Tweet to Inspire or Inform: Some of my best viewed content was as a result of the following Tweets: “Anything is Possible”, “How to GetYour Products into Retail Stores”, “Have a Vision for Your Business”. In each case, I quoted the link to the related Blog Post on the “1000 Beautiful Bracelets” Blog.
  • Track your success. Google Analytics is a great tool for this. What is the point of using Social Media or Blogs if you don’t track everything and keep yourself up to date with what’s of interest to your audience? 
  • Be relationship-focused and keep the human-interest angle top of mind.

Finally, please Retweet this Post!

1 comment:

  1. Twitter plays an important role in promoting any start up business. This tool really helps you to get more number of potential customers. Thanks for sharing this awesome article.

    ReplyDelete