Notes from the Journey of the Radio 702 / Cape Talk Money Show R1000 ($100) Business Startup Challenge
How I made a Profit in just 6 Weeks and How You Can Too
Tips for Micro-business Entrepreneurs

Sunday, November 18, 2012

So Happy to Be Right in the Middle Of..

It's hard not to take note of the world's 2nd largest timed cycling race when it cuts through the middle of your City! South Africa also hosts the biggest cycling race, being the Cape Argus in March. Today my thoughts go to the 26,000 cyclists in the 94.7 Cycle Challenge and more especially to the many charities that benefit from the event. The race passes through Midrand, and some road closures already affected me, the night before the race I had to re-route on the way to dinner with a friend! I suppose the level of logistics and planning mean that some things have to be done many hours in advance of the 05h30 Sunday start in Midrand. The race actually cuts Midrand in half, and some routes are closed for most of the day. . Depending on where you live, it's possible to get stuck at home for the entire day! Others escape for a weekend break/getaway to avoid this.
Cyclists race across Nelson Mandela Bridge  into Braamfontein (photo courtesy www.joburg.org.za )
I prefer running or hiking to cycling, although I have a great admiration for those involved in the race today. I believe that balance is important to success in business, which includes keeping a level of physical fitness for the sake of health. And for me that includes my weekly "rest" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment